Policies & Codes of Conduct
The following policies, codes of practice and agreements are in force at all times:
- Child Protection Policy (BG website link)
- Equality Policy (BG website link)
- Health and Safety Policy (BG website link)
- Codes of Conduct – Coaches, Parents and Gymnasts (please see below)
- Staff / Volunteer Task Descriptions + Contracts of Work
- All gymnasts must be members of British Gymnastics.
- Gymnasts and Parents must accept the club codes of conduct.
- Parents must sign a club registration form each year.
- After “2 pay as you go” sessions fees are payable in advance for the remainder of the term and at the end of each term for the following term on receipt of the invoice.
- If codes of conduct are broken then you are subject to a verbal warning, a written warning if ongoing and if still ongoing dismissal from the club can occur.
- The club will recruit suitable coaches and volunteers to provide a maximum ratio of 1:8. This will often be lower.
- The club will encourage and support the development of coaching expertise through financial support to attend coaching qualifications and the provision of ongoing mentoring, advice and encouragement.
- All staff who require it will have a current DBS and will have attended a safeguarding and child protection course.
Fees and Membership:
- Fees are set at the beginning of each academic year. There is no club membership fee.
- Recreational Class fees are £4.50 for pre-school children and £5 for school age children payable in advance at the end of each term for the following term.
- Selected group fees will be discussed upon selection.
- The Club is affiliated Devon and South West Gymnastics and to British Gymnastics. All members of age 3+ must become members of British Gymnastics which is at an annual cost of £11 per year for pre-school and £17 per year for those in full time education.
- This is done direct with British gymnastics *British Gymnastic Membership is a requirement and you will not be able to train without it*
Codes of Conduct – Parents, Gymnasts + Coaches
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all members. The club believes that it is important for all gymnasts, coaches and parents associated with the club to show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, all are encouraged to be open at all times and share any thoughts. As a member of Axminster Gymnastics you are expected to abide by the following codes of conduct:
- Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and performance. Support your child’s involvement, encourage them to learn the rules and participate within them
- Ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has had adequate food and drink. This includes absolutely no jewelry – after the 6 week period following an ear piercing then all earrings must be removed, tape is no longer adequate. Hair must be tied up and a leotard or other sports clothing worn. No chewing gum or food within sessions.
- Bring and collect your child promptly to and from each session.
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club through the Head Coach + Welfare Officer.
- Endeavour to have good communication with the club and coach (Email, Fb page, text, website) Let us know of any problems. Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Pay all fees in a timely manner.
- Participate within the rules and respect all others. Zero tolerance on bullying.
- Wear suitable attire for training: sports clothing, p.e kit or leotards, bare feet. No jewelry and all hair tied back which can be tied back. No chewing gum or eating during a session.
- Treat all equipment with respect.
- No bad language.
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants before performance.
- Hold the appropriate qualifications.
- Display high standards of behavior and appearance at all times.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Always report any incidences, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sports and encourage performers to value all performance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down in your coach’s roles and responsibilities booklet.
Grievance Procedure + Welfare Officer
As per British Gymnastic and good club guidelines we ask that if you have any queries, concerns or complaints about any aspect of Axminster Gymnastics that you contact us directly by speaking to one of the following people:
Head Coach: Emma Prior
Welfare Officer: Hayley McQueen
We will endeavor to answer your question as fully as possible within 3 working days. If your grievance is not able to be resolved informally we can arrange a formal meeting to discuss the matter which will take place at a time agreed to be suitable to both parties.