Competitive Gymnastics at Axminster currently offers 4 selected groups for those children who we feel have the correct attitude and physical potential to do competitive gymnastics. Entry to all groups is via a trial and the ability to meet the set criteria. These groups are split into the following:
Women’s Advanced Recreation/Intermediate
1.25 hr – 2.5hrs training for girls aged 5+
These groups are for children to progress along an advanced recreational route and compete locally on 2 or 3 pieces out of Floor, Vault, Trampette + Beam.
- Advanced Recreation for age 5-7yrs (Thursday 4.15-5.30pm) – £6.50
- Advanced Recreation for age 8+ yrs (Sat 11.30-1.30pm) – £10
- Intermediate Competition for ages 7+ (Wednesday 4.30-6:30pm) + ages 9+ (Monday 5.45-7.45pm) – £10
- Intermediate Advanced Competition for ages 10+ (Wednesday 5.20-7.50pm) – £11.25
Boys / Mens Squad
2 – 6 hrs / week training (for boys age 6+)
This group trains on floor, vault + trampette and the boys are able to work to a higher standard and compete locally on these pieces. Some may also get invited to our Tumble group where they work specifically on tumbling as a discipline.
4-15hrs/week (for girls aged 6+)
We have two options for girls/women’s squads which are Mixed Squad + Artistic Squad.
- Mixed Squad train 5-9.5hrs/week and focus on floor, vault, trampette and tumbling for local and county competitions. Those with the potential to work towards the higher national tumbling levels attend our specific tumble squad training
- Artistic Squad train 4-15hrs/week and focus on floor, vault, beam + bar. They work towards local, county, regional + national artistic competitions.
2 hours training (girls and boys aged 6-16yrs)
This is a performance based group who spend all their time working on floor skills, flexibility and strength work specifically on routine work for shows and displays which includes some pair and group work.
They will participate in a number of displays or shows per year and may get additional opportunity to do individual competition on a variety of apparatus.
Please ensure you have read our Covid-19 Polices and Procedures